The mission of the Whitney Athletics leadership development program is to actively support leadership and behavioral growth of current student-athletes through workshops, leadership programs, and various opportunities for growth. In addition, a large emphasis is placed on serving others through community service and youth camps and clinics. Student-athlete development occurs through the following avenues:
- The coaching staff will incorporate leadership lessons in the areas of focus, effort, execution, accountability and resilience among other topics.
- Teams may conduct book studies and discussions.
- Each team and program is responsible for carrying out community service activities in the Rocklin community.
- Guest speakers will focus on life and social issues outside of sports.
- As a senior, student-athletes have the opportunity to practice their interview skills and receive constructive criticism from local community members.